Re: SMA plugs and semi rigid cable

Paul G8AQA

When I first used SMA/OSM connectors (over half a century ago) they were designed so that the centre conductor of .141 formed the central connection.  It was merely formed into a point.  No problems with pins.  Has anything changed?

Paul G8AQA

On 16/12/2020 21:56, DAVID G4ASR via groups.io wrote:
To stop the pin moving I use a block of wood with a very small hole drilled in it such that the pin is a snug fit.
Thin solder and liquid flux.  No need to worry about excess solder on the outside of the 141, apart from your pride of course.
It would never be acceptable to me :)
73 David G4ASR