From: David Warr <io93ir@...>
Sent: Saturday, December 12, 2020 6:28:12 PM
To: g3vpf@... <g3vpf@...>
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] 23cm interference

Found it ! - a neighbour has his computer connected up to a KVM switch and when he connects his surface pro doc I get a S9+10 on 1297.750 with sidebands spaced in multiples of 66Khz across 23cm. He also has a power line adapter.

So far we’ve had 30 min on the phone trying to resolve it but with little success. I can’t be sure what is producing the strong carrier on 1297.750

The question is how to resolve it. Plug everything in to a SEK mains filter apart from the power line adapter? I don’t care about the 1297.750 carrier it’s the sidebands that are the issue. Anything else?

Unfortunately the same neighbour wiped me out on 4m when he bought some new (cheap) led lights. Fixed that with ferrite. I was so hoping it wasn’t going to be him...

David... G4RQI