Re: spectrum analyzer...

Paul Evans W4/VP9KF

Having thrashed the VNA market to death, with mixed results, now spectrum analyzers are fair game.

I couldn't bring myself to buy a product that doesn't show kHz and MHz properly on the display!

Others are in the pipeline: http://www.randl.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=75243&osCsid=fg1b56fk7ptt57viboio8k5tj5
[designed in PA, not China]. No doubt there will be a zillion clones very soon.

I'm sure they aren't exactly an HP-8566B in a pocket, but for $50 who can complain?
You could use an SDR rx with spectrum analyzer s/w, but haven't heard any definitive reports yet [K4SWL who lives less than a mile away and runs swling.com I think is doing one].
--
73, Paul Evans G4BKI [VP9KF]