Re: Dish for 122GHz?

Terry_G0EZY

Apologies if this is something that has been reported elsewhere on the Group/Scatterpoint but the January QST "Microwavelengths" article has an item on the 122 GHz transverter. It includes a suggested optical quality reflector. I thought it was going to be an expensive import from the USA but the web site re-directs to a UK distributor. The 12 inch reflector is here, with 18 and 24 inch versions.

https://www.edmundoptics.com/f/large-parabolic-reflectors/11483/

At 44 GBP it seems worth a look but I'll leave it to experts to comment on it's suitability.

The article shows the 12 inch version with a dual-mode feed horn and Cassegrain sub-reflector turned on a CNC lathe by W1GHZ

73 Terry