Odd decodes at -22

Sam

Sent tomorrow from my time machine

On 9 Dec 2020, at 17:05, Andy G4JNT <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:

Not too surprising.    Those last two digits of the 12-character Locator correspond to squaroids of approximately 1.8m.   I've haven't seen a GNSS yet, just using C/A code, that suggests it'll give better resolution than 5m.    I'm surprised those digits are as stable as they are, considering it's only on an indoor GPS antenna

My QTH is as the corner of four of the larger squaroids.   So depending where in the property I sit the GPS, it shows  IO90IV48XL, IO90IV58AK, IO90IV48XK  IO58AL  all neglecting the very hi-res pair of digits.

On Wed, 9 Dec 2020 at 16:49, Denis Stanton G0OLX <Stantondenis@...> wrote:
Andy
Your Gps is wondering from last two digits showing as 60 to 70
Denis
G0OLX

On 9 Dec 2020, at 16:45, Andy G4JNT <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:

Check the upper beacon, 15kHz above me.   Same tuning criteria, but freq set set for 10489.999 will give you (one of the) CW tones at 1kHz

On Wed, 9 Dec 2020 at 16:43, Ed G3VPF <g3vpf@...> wrote:

OK, understood.

Ed G3VPF

Sent from Mail for Windows 10