Re: On 9cms now, if anyone is free

SAM JEWELL

Brian, Gregory, et al
How many unique stations (#) have you worked on the band?
With so few (relatively speaking) stations active on 9cm, a situation somewhat similar to EME exists. Instead of dxcc or VUCC, it becomes as meaningful to collect initials (#).
The danger is that once worked you don't want to work them again.
I am sure microwavers would never fall into that trap....
Just a suggestion.
Worth some further discussion?

73 de Sam, G4DDK

On 7 Dec 2020, at 17:56, Brian Howie GM4DIJ <brian@b-howie.co.uk> wrote:

In message <wPLA.1607344386543257068.STM2@groups.io>, Nick Gregory G0HIK via groups.io <nickg0hik=googlemail.com@groups.io> writes
As per the title, just worked GD1MIP and just wondering if anyone else
is around.
G0HIK/P IO84
Well done. I've 9cm set up here in Edinburgh, but working down to your parts on 2W would be a bit optimistic. I can now hear GB3CSB on 9cm again after the damp weather and snow. Both the 9cm and 13cm beacons vanished . 13cm seems to be worse affected.

I'm keeping the dish for 9cm up for a few months if anyone local wants to play.

Brian GM4DIJ
--
Brian Howie