Re: Optimum tone freq for detecting a weak

Gordon REASON <gordonj.reason@...>

Surely , unless you have a glitch in your audible E-thearial ( Joke .... get it ? ) response , or suffer annoying tinnitis , it's the shape of the tone response thay matters .........

A pure sine wave is much easier and gentler , on the earbones , to listen to , than a sharp singing squarewave or similar .

Not for me !

On 21 November 2020 at 14:17 Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@...> wrote:

There is a whole level of nutjob action on Youtube where they publish copies of music with A set to 432 Hz instead of 440 cos it does Healing and is more in tune with the Universe and stuff.  All about harmonics of Schumann resonances.

Good grief.

Except it isn't.  It's all because Verdi didn't like singers being divas about high notes. Allegedly.

There are even apps that will do the 440->432 conversion.

Gentle pee-extraction of the nuttiness by this guy.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKTZ151yLnk

Neil G4DBN

On 21/11/2020 13:57, Andy G4JNT wrote:

I posed the same question to an ex-military comms intercept chappess.   Her first comment was that:
 "you're all a bunch of deaf old f__rts who can only ever hear low tones" (they're a rude lot, ex military types) then commented that there were considered to be two 'magic frequencies', but wouldn't say initially what they were.   Today she came back with:
" 432Hz is favoured by many in the healing game,  occasionally there are them that think 528Hz works better".

Which has got nothing to do with comms intercept work, and seems more about meditation and cult stuff, but I tried listening to those tone frequencies, including buried in noise.  And she's right.  They do sound 'nice'  and quite detectable.  They also happen to be in the ratio 11/9.  So just for the fun of it, there are now eight user-selectable tones in my gizmo, in the ratio 1.2222222   starting 432, 528, 645 etc up to 1760Hz.   Details will be published in due course (writing it up now, hopefully in time for Scatterpoint)