From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io [mailto:UKMicrowaves@groups.io] On Behalf Of
Neil Smith G4DBN
Sent: 03 November 2020 15:51
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Marconi 6960B

Always a risk, buying from generic auctions. I think the PNA, SpecAns
and other high-end kit are going to be "fun" buys, given that you either
have it pieces in a cardboard box via Parcelforce, or strapped to a
pallet in a wagon with pallets of bricks, concrete breakers and other
clean-room qualified items.

I might have a punt on one of those enormously-heavy cast-iron surface
plates, they would have to try hard to damage that.

Neil G4DBN

On 03/11/2020 14:38, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG wrote:
I have bought Marconi heads from that auction before,  it is "sold as
seen, no guarantees" ... the head I have came from there, with a fresh
calibration sticker sealing the end cap on, but I am beginning to
think it is knackered.

-----
No virus found in this message.
Internal Virus Database is out of date.