Re: Marconi 6960B

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

Infact, I am coming to the conclusion that all the stuff in the Ramco auctions is equipment returned as unserviceable, and rather than repair it, they dispose of it.  Sometimes you might be lucky and the "unserviceable" means a loose connector or a broken plastic button .. but otherwise, it might be properly foobarred.

There was a bucket of 100+ Marconi sensors in the last one, went for about £1200 as I remember.

On Tue, 3 Nov 2020 at 14:38, Robin Szemeti <robin@...> wrote:
I have bought Marconi heads from that auction before,  it is "sold as seen, no guarantees" ... the head I have came from there, with a fresh calibration sticker sealing the end cap on, but I am beginning to think it is knackered.

On Tue, 3 Nov 2020 at 14:00, Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@...> wrote:
The Ramco auction ending on 10th Nov has a number of 6910 heads for sale if anyone has a compatible meter. https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auction-catalogues/ramco/catalogue-id-ramco-10255/lot-efba38bd-97ae-4099-b695-ac610134f061
This is an unusual auction in that they will ONLY post things (or send on pallets) so the normal issues around having to travel to collect stuff doesn't apply.