Re: Marconi 6960B

Paul G8KFW

Hi Robin

Actually I don’t think I have actually measured the signals on the head  probably put them on a scope in my early days  what HP power meter set up do you have ?

Sorry I don’t have your location

Regards Paul  07719 208048

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io [mailto:UKMicrowaves@groups.io] On Behalf Of Robin Szemeti - G1YFG
Sent: 03 November 2020 02:05
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Marconi 6960B

That would be perfect.   

I've measured various signals and voltages, and the head appears to be down in sensitivity somewhat, but if I provide it with a slightly higher cal signal to compensate, and deliver the correct signal level at the various stages, it still fails to cal ... it would be nice to figure out which bits are knick-kancked!

At least my HP meter works!

On Tue, 3 Nov 2020 at 00:13, Paul G8KFW <paul@...> wrote:

Hi robin

I live in West Sussex on the south coast UK  

I will check out but I should have 2 off Marconi 6960 B providing they are working sorry neither is for sale

As they are part of a proposed Calibration rig

But I can check your head and meter out for you and they can be checked agenised a Marconi or a HP head

Regards Paul

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io [mailto:UKMicrowaves@groups.io] On Behalf Of Robin Szemeti - G1YFG
Sent: 02 November 2020 23:59
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] Marconi 6960B

I'm having trouble deciding which is the problem item out of my Marconi 6960B and measuring head ...

I bought them in differing places,  the head was supposed to be a good 'un, the meter was supposed to be faulty ... I am unsure if either statement is correct.  I get 0.000 with the source off .. and -0.24 mW with the source on ... negative ... almost all the "dead" heads I have seen in the past have simply failed to respond if blown, not go negative ...

Does anyone have a known working 6960B?  Could I send you my measuring head to check?

Best regards,

Robin Szemeti

Redpoint Consulting Limited 

E: robin@... 

T: +44 (0) 1299 405028 

M: +44 (0) 7971 883371 

Thank you. 

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.8048 / Virus Database: 4793/15886 - Release Date: 08/14/18
Internal Virus Database is out of date.

Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.8048 / Virus Database: 4793/15886 - Release Date: 08/14/18
Internal Virus Database is out of date.

--
Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK

Join UKMicrowaves@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.