Re: AVANTEK Amplifier Module

Colin Ranson

Hi Ken,

I have two of those ‘beasties’ with a ‘welded’ lid but they are 25w., also marked 3.7 – 4.2GHz, no makers name. They both came out of ex-BT 19” rack mounts with 2 huge heatsinks, one for the PSU unit which provided +12v from -28v and the other for the amp – probably ran 24/7/365.

I also have a 15w 6.2GHz unit from the same stable.

I tried a milliwatt or so in from a sig genny and the amp got hot, so did a 25w 3.5GHz rated dummy load..... alas nothing to measure power with, from memory – a least two years ago – it pulled about 8 amps.

I may well get a friend to mill the lid off.

If you, or anyone,  have any info I would be grateful.

Best regards to all and looks like another enforced period in the shack coming !

Colin de G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10