Re: 10 GHz RSGB AC tonight

G1DFL

Hi David,

Sounds a lot of fun! I'll be on 3, 6, 9cm from Walbury Hill tonight. Hope to find you on KST or Zello (SHF Chat).

Its going to be another wet and windy session unfortunately! Hopefully a few will still go out or be on from home.

.100 is the centre of activity on 3cm. Your best bet will be KST, or to tail end any QSOs you can hear. People normally listen before leaving GHz frequencies in case there are other QSOs to be had! ...So do call in!

Hope you get some QSOs, and always happy to try.

Regards..Pete
G1DFL

On Tue, 27 Oct 2020 at 9:55, david656179 via groups.io
<david.m.k@...> wrote:
I could be out tonight for the first tests of my 10 ghz gear.  I will be at Thrufield IO92XA.  I have a few things to tidy up,  I have copied the local GB3CAM  via rain scatter so I know something is working.  I have received my TX signal on a Bernie Box and my HB power meter suggests over 100 mW at the waveguide to the PW penny feed dish so QRP really.  Frequency stability is not locked but good enough from tests I have done in shack (I know, top of hill is a different).

What is the calling frequency generally used?  I hope to have KST of some sort.  It would be nice for this "first" just to hear any stations, is there a list of who will be on?  I have copied some callsigns from previous contests and their locators and calculated bearings.  Should be able to do SW round to NE fairly well towards E path is obstructed and I know 1.3 ghz works but low signals from there.

David
G6KWA