Re: Stainless steel N connector.

Michael Scott

Hi Neil

Many thanks for the information, and from the many others who responded on this topic!

I have decided to follow Mark's original suggestion and use Bicon as the simplest solution. I am hoping to receive a tube in the next few days. Luckily, the dish feed is near ground level so It is easy to remove for servicing without the need for ladders which are a no no for me these days!

Thanks again for all the comments received.

73, Mike, G3LYP.

On 22/10/2020 20:03, Neil Smith G4DBN wrote:

Hi Mike, TE/AMP make passivated stainless steel bodied N sockets rated to 11 GHz

https://www.te.com/global-en/product-1058644-1.datasheet.pdf

https://www.farnell.com/cad/1663522.pdf

They also do nickel-plated stainless.

Furiously expensive of course. £34 + vat from RS, much more spendy from Farnell

H&S also do some which are at even MORE coin:

https://www.mouser.co.uk/datasheet/2/829/HUBER_2bSUHNER_24_N_50_3_5119__NE_DataSheet-1530079.pdf

Neil G4DBN