Re: Stainless steel N connector.

Gordon REASON <gordonj.reason@...>

I have some , N female , I think that they are Nickel Plated , but I can't find them at the moment .......I will keep looking ................

On 22 October 2020 at 20:18 John Lemay <john@...> wrote:

Returning to Mikes original question – why did the silver plated brass connector corrode where it is in contact with aluminium ?

I’m not well versed in these matters but I thought it would be the aluminium corroding.

Certainly, stainless steel and aluminium is not advised – but there are so many different alloys of each that you need to know more about the composition of each material.

John G4ZTR

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io [mailto:UKMicrowaves@groups.io] On Behalf Of Neil Smith G4DBN
Sent: 22 October 2020 20:03
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Stainless steel N connector.

Hi Mike, TE/AMP make passivated stainless steel bodied N sockets rated to 11 GHz

https://www.te.com/global-en/product-1058644-1.datasheet.pdf

https://www.farnell.com/cad/1663522.pdf

They also do nickel-plated stainless.

Furiously expensive of course. £34 + vat from RS, much more spendy from Farnell

H&S also do some which are at even MORE coin:

https://www.mouser.co.uk/datasheet/2/829/HUBER_2bSUHNER_24_N_50_3_5119__NE_DataSheet-1530079.pdf

Neil G4DBN