Re: Stainless steel N connector.

Paul G8AQA

Bicon X1 finds it's main use for joining copper and aluminium also aluminium and aluminium in power distribution.  Although tested with a meter it may seem non conductive it has zinc particles.  I have taken to using it for assembling antennas.

https://www.jointingtech.co.uk/Download/BX1-225.pdf

Paul G8AQA

On 22/10/2020 18:24, Richard GD8EXI wrote:
Stainless Steel is a particularly bad conductor of electricity, 40 times worse than copper, 10 times worse than Nickel and only 1.7 times better than nichrom, as used in resistance wire! So I doubt you will find Stainless steel N type plugs.

I use nickel plated N Types on boats with good results but not mounted on aluminium.

Some jointing compounds e.g. Duralac create an open circuit across the joint however Bicon should be fine.

73s
Richard
GD8EXI