Re: 10 GHz Portable Transceiver

neil whiting

Hi Bob,

I never used waveguide on my 3cm system, which worked very well.
I had a similar length of RG402 from the PA to the SMA on the feed, it didn't lose me much.
I actually put the preamp at the feed with the SMA relay, so didn't lose anything on RX.
Another length of RG402 took the preamp output back to the transverter box.

Good luck with your system.

73, Neil  G4BRK

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 at 08:27, Bob_G1ZJP <R_Offer@...> wrote:

Morning David

I’m preparing a 10G station but, being a numb-skull, I don’t know what is needed to get from my Kuhne G2 to WG and if it’s SMA/cable/SMA/transition if that would be as lossy as/more lossy than a short run of RG401 – I was planning on running the box right at the masthead/dish so probably a max of 500mm of the RG401.

Any advice is very welcome, please.  It’s all a very much unknown area for me at the moment.

Cheers for now, stay safe

Bob, G1ZJP / M1MHZ