Re: fancy callsigns

Paul G8AQA

I agree about them being counterproductive in VHF + contests. Too much time wasted checking them. May be ok on HF cw contests.

Paul G8AQA

On 05/10/2020 23:08, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG wrote:
I actually think they are counterproductive.  I have spent some time on weak contact with "3 character" stations trying to get the rest of their callsign.

On Mon, 5 Oct 2020 at 21:49, ian hope (2E0IJH) <ian@...> wrote:

Ian
M5IJH

Sent: Monday, October 05, 2020 at 9:32 PM
From: "militaryoperator via groups.io" <Military1944=aol.com@groups.io>
To: "UKMicrowaves@groups.io" <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] fancy callsigns
Please elborate, are you talking about short contest calls such as G3M, G8T, G8P, M6T etc?

Ian
M5IJH

Oh, that's what they are. Well, I see now.

Yes, I guess Golf Three Mike  is a vast saving in time over Golf Three Mike Tango Xray.

I'm obviously not taking this hobby seriously enough, hi.

Thanks for the pointer.

7, Be, G4B