Re: New 10GHz PA Device

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

It might push the prices of the 10W devices down, you never know!

On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 at 12:48, Chris Bartram G4DGU <chris@...> wrote:
I've just seen an announcement from Qorvo on one of the trade lists that
they are now producing a 10 - 13GHz +50dBm GaN PA device (QPM1021).
Although it's meant for long-pulse operation, and the data sheet only
goes up to operation at 20% duty cycle, it would probably make a very
nice 50W+ PA for amateur use at 10368MHz. The Mouser price in small
quantities is >£2k, and a populated evaluation board is £k4.6, and so
I'd be surprised to see it flood the amateur market! Certainly, I've no
intention of retiring my TWT amplifier at the moment, much as I'd like
to avoid the engineering stemming from the need to put EHT supplies outside!

73

Chris

G4DGU