New 10GHz PA Device

Chris Bartram G4DGU

I've just seen an announcement from Qorvo on one of the trade lists that they are now producing a 10 - 13GHz +50dBm GaN PA device (QPM1021). Although it's meant for long-pulse operation, and the data sheet only goes up to operation at 20% duty cycle, it would probably make a very nice 50W+ PA for amateur use at 10368MHz. The Mouser price in small quantities is >£2k, and a populated evaluation board is £k4.6, and so I'd be surprised to see it flood the amateur market! Certainly, I've no intention of retiring my TWT amplifier at the moment, much as I'd like to avoid the engineering stemming from the need to put EHT supplies outside!

73

Chris

G4DGU