Re: Low Cost VNA

Tim, VK2XAX

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your analysis, While I have instruments to do TDR & RL from 10kHz to 6GHz I'm primarily interested in its other functions. Its good to know that its at least reasonable and not telling pork pies! But then, that also assumes the operator knows what he's doing too :)

cheers

Tim

On 30/9/20 6:44 pm, Mark GM4ISM via groups.io wrote:
Hi all

I have not done direct comparison tests ( I rarely get my eldery 8754A VNA out) but a few publications have indicated that the results are broadly similar.

I do however us VNAs extensively and know  their limitation and pitfalls in their use.

 The Nano VNAs stack up moderately well overall and on most circumstances are  more than adequate
[snip]

--
VK2XAX : QF56if : ITU59 : CQ30 : BMARC : WIA