Re: 23cm pre amplifier

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

I would be more than happy to assist if you are stuck,  I have a fair amount of SMD experience, and the appropriate equipment, it won't be a problem.

The "trip out to the islands" has me intrigued however, we failed to go sailing this year, and missed our paddling around the coastline. I may bother you offlist for detail ;)

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 at 16:05, GM6VXB via groups.io <martin.andrew=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Robin,
The resistor in series from the regular is suprisingly ok, even though it got hot enough to melt the solder
holding it on the board.
Before I re-soldered it a resistance measurement toward the active device showed 'Zero' Ohms which
went to infinity when the device was removed.
Replacing the device with a PGA103 gave me around the correct voltages and current draw.
The second device appears to have feed volts but at this point I was really struggling to focus so gave
up. Put the pre-amp back in line and is still dead i.e. no noticable increase in noise level to the receiver
which normally would be about 2 'S' points when beaming across the village.
Might take you up on repairs but first got a voluntary trip out to the islands (weather permitting).

Martin, GM6VXB