Re: 23cm pre amplifier

GM6VXB

Robin,
The resistor in series from the regular is suprisingly ok, even though it got hot enough to melt the solder
holding it on the board.
Before I re-soldered it a resistance measurement toward the active device showed 'Zero' Ohms which
went to infinity when the device was removed.
Replacing the device with a PGA103 gave me around the correct voltages and current draw.
The second device appears to have feed volts but at this point I was really struggling to focus so gave
up. Put the pre-amp back in line and is still dead i.e. no noticable increase in noise level to the receiver
which normally would be about 2 'S' points when beaming across the village.
Might take you up on repairs but first got a voluntary trip out to the islands (weather permitting).

Martin, GM6VXB