Re: 23cm pre amplifier

Stephen Tompsett

I've used a SBA1250/1450 in my new preamp box:

https://g8fek.com/lna.html

Other possible sources

https://shop.kuhne-electronic.com/kuhne/en/shop/low-noise-amplifiers/

On 22/09/2020 13:15, GM6VXB via groups.io wrote:

After a few good days on tropo, this morning turned on the 23cm system to find that the pre amplifier had died.

This was a very good VHF Designs low noise high gain pre-amp.

Found that the initial device had gone short. Paperwork says an 'SKY67151', but looking closely it looks like

and is marked as a PGA-103.

Anyway, replaced it with a 103 but the pre amp is still very low (maybe no) gain.

So is there a good source of 'built' pre amplifers as the only ones I can see are the VHF design ones.

Eyesight now not good enough to try to build one of the DDK ones.

Martin, GM6VXB

(QRT 23cm until sorted.)

--
Stephen Tompsett (G8LYB)