Re: WIMO SHF 2328 23cm-Yagi 28 Element ?

militaryoperator

Dear Ben,
I think these are pretty useful, with two caveats:
1. Be careful not to put strain on the N type connector- many people have reported problems due to the plastic encapsulation cracking, allowing water in.
2. The boom is prone to wind-induced oscillations, even at quite low wind speeds. If the boom is braced, problem solved. Before we braced the booms of our x 8 array of these, we had two break and one crack due to wind-induced oscillations.
Regards,
Alwyn G8DOH

Thanks Alwyn.

1: will not be used in rain.

2: will not be used other than when needed

So we might be ok, hi.

Ben