Re: Denis G3UVR SK

Keith

Back in my G6HHV and G0HEI days Denis was a source of a good 23 cms signal, he was my first ever contact on the band, we were about 7 miles apart !
The sight of him arriving on top of Cyrn Yr Brain, outsiders Llangollen, in his red Ferrari, on rutted dirt tracks is something I will never forget.
In my days as a DJ, 1969-1976, I hired PA systems from his Hammer Sound company when my own gear was giving problems.
Its 34 years since I left the Wirral, but in that time he, along with David G3UFO, would supply me with snippets of information on microwave activities in the NorthWest to keep my interest whetted.
We eventually caught up again at Friedrichshafen in 2012, and renewed our friendship, with him providing me with details on this very group and BATC to keep me going on the higher bands.
I will miss him, as I miss my old elmer G3UFO, who left us last year, we were all part of the Mersey Microwave group G1GHZ that I founded back in the 80's with their help.
Gone to a higher band :(
Vale Denis
73 Keith VK6KB / VK6EME