Re: Denis G3UVR SK

Phil Guttridge G3TCU

Thanks for the news Andy, that's very sad. Denis and I first QSO'd on 4m AM in the mid 1960s when we were still both schoolboys, him in the Wirral and me in Surrey.
In my teenage years,  I dropped in on him at his parents farm a number of times on my way to the Lake District.

We've kept in touch over all these years.

We've met up many times, probably the most recently was at Friedrichshafen where he went every year. Until only a couple of weeks ago, he was optimistic about a recovery.

I think my last QSO with him was on 13cm in the July UKAC.

He was very generous with his time, encouraging and helping other people with their radio projects. He will be greatly missed.

RIP Denis.

Phil G3TCU

On 10/09/2020 12:34, Andy via groups.io wrote:
I am extremely sad to report that Denis G3UVR went silent key early this morning.

Denis has been my friend for 30 years and was instrumental in getting me interested in the higher bands.

RIP Denis.

Condolences to friends/family.

Andy
MM0FMF