Re: WR90-SMA transition update

Gordon REASON <gordonj.reason@...>

Edited

A very nice piece of work Neil .

On 10 September 2020 at 00:01 Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@...> wrote:

This pic is my first try at machining an SMA coax to WR90 waveguide transition.  Milled it from a lump of 1 3/4 inch aluminium square bar on my ancient Bridgeport.    It needs a bit of trimming to get it bang on frequency as I left the pin a little long. Now I'm waiting for a load of Radiall SMAs to arrive from Mouser.

Neil G4DBN

I modelled it in OpenEMS with a three-inch length of WR90 mated with the oval cavity. Return loss (black) and through loss (red) look promising, I need to check the real thing once I have the probe filed to resonance.

Fusion 360 CAD image