Re: Wanted Tohtsu CX600NC relay

DF6NA Rainer

Andy,    I think the CX3500 is a copy of the venerable Amphenol 316-10744 series, of which I was fortunate enough to rescue several from a defunct H.O. RF switching station many years ago.   One was 48v, the rest were 26v except one which was 12v !    These are just as good, if not better than the Tohtsu, in build quality at least.

What is rare, and I would love one for an application, is the same build but the common (centre) N connector coming out at 180 degrees so that the common can poke out of a plastic (mast head pre-amp) box for connection to the antenna.   Unfortunately the Tohtsu CX520 just does not cut it as far as isolation or power handling is concerned. I burnt one out with 23cm at 240w even when properly sequenced.

Regards Colin de G8LBS.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 08 September 2020 23:05
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Wanted Tohtsu CX600NC relay

Andy
    I have one which was retired from active service many years ago as the isolation was not good enough on 432MHz and above, destroying the preamp device. I might sell it but, what band is it for and how much isolation do you need. I can re measure it but from memory it was less than 40dB of isolation on 432 MHz and above, not enough if you are running 100watts plus.

A CX3500 is much better, if you need good isolation, as it has a double switch and the unused bar is grounded both ends. The isolation is so good it is difficult to measure, being in my experience greater than they 65dB they claim, more like 80dB even on 1296MHz.

Richard
GD8EXI

On 08/09/2020, 21:20, "Andy GD1MIP" <gd1mip@...> wrote:

Hi, I need a Tohtsu CX600NC 12v DC relay.

Before I buy new from a store does anyone have a spare they'd like to sell?

Thanks Andy GD1MIP

Join UKMicrowaves@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.