Re: Farnham and Mow Cop SDRs

Neil Smith G4DBN

Edited

I can hear myself fine on Mow Cop this evening, propagation is pretty much back to normal, with OSW arriving here at -15dB in JT4G.  No sign of GB3KBQ, but CAM is about S3 and I'm hearing PKT pretty well, despite it being enfeebled at present.

Mow Cop receive level fro my signal is usually 6dB over noise across the Peak District/Staffordshire Moorlands from down here near sea level.

I was about the same strength on Mow Cop as OSW was, at least until a plane at 2500 ft on the approach to Manchester produced a nice fat AS reflection.

Neil G4DBN

On 07/09/2020 18:10, Mark GØNMY wrote:

I have been logged onto mowcop sdr the last three nights Fri Sat Sunday and it hasnt lost OSW beacon, LEX image came up after midnight on Sat and Sun. but is down in the noise now.

OSW is S7 on the SDR meter.

One tip, you may already know this but, on the Waterfall settings

Under view select weak sigs it helps show up weaker signals.

If you already knew this then carry on, as you were hee hee

 p.

View/Reply Online (#58271) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_
--
Neil
http://g4dbn.uk