From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> on behalf of Robin Szemeti - G1YFG <robin@...>
Sent: 06 September 2020 19:09
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Earth stakes

You could just save the copper and effort and not bother?

Try measuring the actual impedance of an "earth stake" and it is frequently in the hundreds or even thousands of ohms in stony ground. At best, they help discharge a little static.   On 160m, I radiate a decent signal, and my ground system is bits of wire, fences and associate bits of metalwork that I have been able to press into service. The feed point impedance is quite low, I doubt an "earth stake" would have any benefit at all.

On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 at 18:40, Reg Woolley via groups.io <g8vhi=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hilti drills have an attachment that hammmer earth spikes in. Maybe worth trying your local hire shop. They go in real easy that way.

Reg g8vhi

Sent from Samsung tablet.