Re: Measuring high power on 2320Mhz (13cm)

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

The "goto" coupler for 23cm is the Narda 31119 which can be bought cheap enough to build them into amplifiers as a permanent thing. It is rated 500W I think, it appears to handle more than that without problems.  I like them as they have both forward and reflected ports, which is handy.

Presumably there is a similar coupler that goes well at 13cm?

On Thu, 27 Aug 2020 at 15:42, SAM JEWELL via groups.io <jewell=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Antony,
Narda 20 and 30dB couplers are rated to 500W through. The 10dB ones are rated lower (maybe around 200-250W.) The built-in termination power rating is the limiting factor.
These are the ideal way to measure higher powers, when used with a suitably rated power meter.
Back when I wrote the Radcom GHz Bands column (hundreds of years ago!) I covered this subject and gave some Narda coupler figures (if my memory serves)

73 de Sam, G4DDK

Sent via BT Email App