Re: Wanted - surplus box with large panel meter


On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 at 13:29, g4cch_1 <g4cch_1@...> wrote:
I am building a noise power meter, and am looking for surplus box with a large panel meter. Ideally the meter should be 500uA or 1mA. An old power supply, or anything non functional with a large panel meter may be suitable.

Please email me offline if you have anything that may be suitable, with a photo and dimensions.

Thanks and 73
Howard, G4CCH

How about getting an old AVO meter? That will have a mirrored scale, so about the best you will get. 

To what sort of uncertainty do you expect to be able to measure noise power? I don’t really see why you need a large meter to measure something that you are not going to be able to measure very accurately. The needle is not even going to be stationary when making a measurement of noise power, so I don’t think even quantitative measurements require a large meter. 

Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,
Telephone 01621-680100./ +44 1621 680100

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United Kingdom

Join to automatically receive all group messages.