Bending dish ribs any tips or tricks?

David Law

Hi, I'm on Mk2 of my 4m 0.38f/d dish project this time using traditional square tube and stiffening ribs.
The material will be 18mm x 1.6mm square tube.
I've made a template from wood sheet.
I wondered if anyone has any tips or tricks in how to form a nice smooth accurate reproduceable parabola.
Or indeed what not to do! Roll bending machines are not really in the budget for a one off project.
It will be attached to the stiffening rib via trusses and riveted plates which will avoid using a welder.
It's for 23cm at this time and likely to stay that way so points of mm accuracy isn't too important.
I touched base with Howard, g4cch a while ago who gave me some tips, but the more advice based on experience the better.
David
PS Mk 1 used 1/2" round tube on a hub but it was too floppy (probably only good up to a 2m dish)
If anyone wants any bent 1/2" round tube let me know!