Re: Kuhne 24 GHz transverter IF

DougF VK4OE

FYI,

Not many years ago I purchased a 24 GHz transverter from them with a 432 MHz IF.  I think that a 70 cm IF in mm-wave transverters is a great way to go....

Less than a year ago I inquired about purchasing another one and was told that they no longer make or have available one significant part which is unique to Kuhne 24 GHz transverters with a 432 MHz IF.  (I'm guessing that the crucial component here is a specially designed image-reject or I-Q mixer.)

That explains why that listing (and probably many others) has disappeared from their catalogue.  Needless to say, I made do with what I already had....

Cheers and 73,

--Doug Friend, VK4OE.