SLEEP (200)
    TCP PRINT #1, Password$
    SLEEP (200)
    TCP PRINT #1, "3"       '3 = Microwave Chat
             then send any text I want to using TCP PRINT #3

and in a separate thread, looking for input :
    DO
        TCP LINE INPUT #1, RawMessage$
                ............. all the string processing on RawMessage$   needed to do what's wanted
                         including looking for Username$ in there 
    LOOP

Andy

On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 at 12:58, Andy <mm0fmf@...> wrote:
What are using to view the socket data? I normally rely on Wireshark (Windows and Linux) for this kind of thing.

Andy
(the other one)

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> on behalf of Andy G4JNT <andy.g4jnt@...>
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2020 4:56 AM
To: UK Microwaves groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] KST2ME Questino

At least in KST2ME the second type is highlighted, and you can change the .WAV file associated with it to anything you like (even meep.wav if you wanted to) and teh colour of teh highlight.

But Robin and I are still puzzled over the actual coding over air that differentiates a /CQ from the callsign alone

On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 at 12:51, Pete - GM4BYF via groups.io <gm4byf=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

The meep meep is when someone definitely messages you using the /cq. The  dind sound is when somebody doesn't use the /cq - in normal use of KST, that message may easily not be seen as it isn't highlighted.

Pete GM4BYF
On 27/07/20 12:27, Andy G4JNT wrote:
Main issue solved.  I logged into the dreaded ON4KST actual chat facility as G8IMR   and into KST2ME with G4JNT

Sent a message prefaced only with the call,    no /CQ or anything
Result, a polite dind sound and my filtered message highlighted in magenta

Then in ON4KST typed "/cq G8imr ... etc"    and got a loud raucous mepp-meep sound and the message highlighted in orange.  

SO that's answered for-sure my original query.    Now to find the over-the-air difference between the two messages.
That's going to require a bit of playing around

On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 at 22:21, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG <robin@...> wrote:
I was unable to work that out either.

If you send /CQ <$callsign> <msg> the KST server will send out the message with the <to> field populated with <$callsign> 

In the protocol there is a "highlight" field that can be either 0,1 or 2 ... but I was unable to discover when or why it changed.  I ignored it completely and simply looked at the <to> field and triggered the sound with a regex if it matched my call.

On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 at 16:04, Andy G4JNT <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:
No, doesn't help.  That sets up the sounds for two apparently different message types.  It has two options,  CQ sound and Preamble sound

When is a message a CQ and when a preamble?  Looking at the raw over-air message contents there seems no obvious difference.   Although a few callsigns appear in brackets - is that it ?

I've never used the actual KST web interface, but understand that in there you have to type some daft entity prefaced by "/CQ" i.  Is that the difference?  In which case I'm going to have to wait for a quiet period on KST and use the web interface to send some  G8IMR <> G4JNT test messages.

Want to know the raw over-air format and its options, coz I have an idea for using KST reporting for something different.

On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 at 15:52, Paul Selwood G3YDY via groups.io <g3ydy=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Andy,

Tools/Setup/Sounds  - you will see it all.

Paul

G3YDY

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy G4JNT
Sent: 26 July 2020 15:34
To: UK Microwaves groups.io <ukmicrowaves@groups.io>
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] KST2ME Questino

Using KST2Me  , messages sent to me come up with either an orange or magenta background in the lower window, both accompanied by a sound.    Orange a  'meep' sound,  magenta a 'ding'

What's the difference between the two colours + sounds?

Andy

This email has been scanned by BullGuard antivirus protection.
For more info visit www.bullguard.com

--
vry 73
Pete GM4BYF

Join UKMicrowaves@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.