Re: KST2ME Questino

Andy G4JNT

PowerBasic code,  using the following:

    THREAD CREATE CheckInput(ix&) TO idThread&
    TCP OPEN PORT 23000 AT "www.on4kst.info" AS #1
    SLEEP (200)                   '200ms delay to allow a response
    TCP PRINT #1, Username$
    SLEEP (200)
    TCP PRINT #1, Password$
    SLEEP (200)
    TCP PRINT #1, "3"       '3 = Microwave Chat
             then send any text I want to using TCP PRINT #3

and in a separate thread, looking for input :
    DO
        TCP LINE INPUT #1, RawMessage$
                ............. all the string processing on RawMessage$   needed to do what's wanted
                         including looking for Username$ in there
    LOOP

Andy

On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 at 12:58, Andy <mm0fmf@...> wrote:
What are using to view the socket data? I normally rely on Wireshark (Windows and Linux) for this kind of thing.

Andy
(the other one)