Re: G/T for parabolic dishes

On Fri, 17 Jul 2020 at 20:19, KENT BRITAIN <WA5VJB@...> wrote:

There has been some interesting work with very long, very narrow banded, log periodics
with excellent gain and low sidelobes.    But all the work I have seen was simulations,
looking forward to the day someone brings one to the antenna range.   Kent WA5VJB-2E0VAA

If it’s very long, the chances are it’s impossible to hold the elements in position. Our radio club had a Yagi-Uda type antenna with elements cut to +/- 0.5 mm, but which move around several hundred mm. It would probably have been okay for MEM (moon earth moon), as the much lower gravity and little atmosphere on the moon  would mean it could probably be supported on the moon. 😂😂😢 Buf on earth it was not useful.

Dave
--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United Kingdom