Re: Scavenging parts

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

I suspect you would have to unscrew the knurled caps and have a look inside to be sure .. the possibilities that come to mind:

Ferrites as part of the duplexer arrangement?
or
Gas discharge tubes ... a "thing" in radar is small gas discharge tubes that ignite and conduct during each transmission pulse, the conducting gas acts as a high speed switch, shorting out the waveguide and preventing too much of the TX pulse getting into the crystal detector.  Normally I would expect them to be across the centre of the tube though, and these appear to be at the edge.

RF Sampling ports?

Was the WG pressurised with nitrogen ?

On Wed, 1 Jul 2020 at 13:03, militaryoperator via groups.io <Military1944=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Took my nose radar apart.

Guess the most useful thing is the 46cm dish.

Still, interesting project.  What's the waveguide with the 4 screw-like things on it, top right?

DSCF2519.JPG

odd.JPG

Curator, Owner and Display coordinator
Military Wireless Museum
Kidderminster, UK.

This message was meant for the recipient
Any likeness to persons living or dead is odd