Re: 70 Watt amplifier kit for 23cms coming soon

Robin Szemeti - G1YFG

My half-assed plan is to put a 48V socket on the pack of the 23cm amp, the 70cm amp already has one ... shack use and portable with a genny, I shall use the mains input ... otherwise, I shall lob 4 batteries in the back of the car. to supply the 48v

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 at 19:14, Andy G4JNT <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:
It's ironic that a switch mode PSU from 12V for 2C39 amps would have been quite a straightforward project.   With only one high voltage to generate at 100 Watts or so, grid bias applied to the cathode derived from the 12V, as well as the heater, and that's all.  No complicated screens, protection, negative supplies all interlocked   AT one point, yonks ago, I had the high voltage supply, near enough to that anyway, built; but that was for another reason altogether.

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 at 17:01, Derek Brown G8ECI via groups.io <g8eci=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Hi James

I would be certainly interested in a kit, i have trying to rebuild my old 2C39A EME amp for about 5 years and still no where near to finishing, a sspa and preamp right under the antenna would be briliant. Please put my name and call in the list Derek G8ECI JO03ai

73 Derek G8ECI

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.