Re: Low ESR Capacitors

Michael Scott

Sorry Ben, we have been chastised for going off topic without changing the subject line!!

Mike.

From: militaryoperator via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2020 4:44 PM
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Low ESR Capacitors

Following the recent discussion on low ESR capacitors ( 7L18 ),
Thanks for changing the subject line Mike.

Every time a 7L18 popped up I was hoping for a solution, hi.

Ben

From: Paul G8KFW <paul@...>
Date: 26/06/2020 23:57 (GMT+00:00)
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io

Hi Ben

The last 7L18 I worked on required replacement of a large number of  Tantalum capacitors

Suggest you get an ESR meter and look at all the caps first don’t unsolder them just do the testing in CCT  and record the results
Then replace the suspect ones

Regards Paul B