Re: BGA2817 Peculiar Requirements

G8ACE

Its worth noting that this six leaded chip is extremely small and exceedingly difficult to solder down even to a commercial pcb with correct footprint, spacing, solder resist, etc.
It really does need solder paste screening etc.  Solder wick does work after fitting with your blow lamp but it needs a good eye glass to check for remaining lead between its legs.
I have not experienced any stability problems with its HT rail decoupling requirements.  I did adhere to not more than 100p coupling capacitors used in my case on a  2m IF application.
Cheap but size makes it difficult to use is my conclusion.   Long live EF50s.

73s John G8ACE