Re: [UKuG-Committee] UKMicrowave group Subscription - Cheque payments

John Worsnop

Thanks for the feedback folks. Many  have suggested I get up to date and use the cheque scanning App that Lloyds provide with their phone banking App  ;-) so I have downloaded it to my personal phone now and used it with a cheque I just got. Seemed to work once I got used to it. So I propose to use it on a trial basis for a while.

I should point out, for avoidance of doubt, that, while my phone is password and face-recognition protected, nor are the login details stored on my phone, if my phone gets stolen and UKuG bank details are used to steal your money I will NOT be held personally responsible for refunding it.

I personally do not use mobile banking apps for this very reason due to the physical vulnerability of a handheld device.

If members, or your Committee are unhappy with this I would suggest we either return to the status quo, or use club funds to buy a Smartphone and a PAYG contract purely for this application, as I will not be held liable in any way for the loss of Club funds accessed from data on my personal stolen phone.

73

John

On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 at 08:18, Martyn G3UKV <ukv@...> wrote:
Hi John
I support the BATC view (below), echoed by quite a few others posted to date. [be inclusive]
73 Martyn G3UKV

On 05/06/2020 14:16, Noel G8GTZ wrote:

FYI – BATC went through this a couple of years ago when we installed our new web shop and membership system.

Personally I was against keeping the cheque facility but was persuaded otherwise on the basis that it excludes a small but important group of people and it is important to make the hobby as inclusive as possible.

As a result BATC does still take cheques and as a result of COVID we found that you can post cheques to your branch along with a paying in slip – an easy and not time consuming process which we consider worthwhile for a few members who feel more comfortable doing this rather than on-line transactions.

Noel