It is a great idea to stop accepting cheques.
I never take cheques to the bank these days. I post them to the bank with my name and account no / sort code on the back and they always gets paid in.
David G4GLT.

On 5 Jun 2020, at 12:10, Paul Selwood G3YDY via groups.io <g3ydy@...> wrote:

Some banks have arrangement for paying in cheques using scanned copies sent to them. May be worth investigating.

G3YDY

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> On Behalf Of John Worsnop
Sent: 05 June 2020 11:52
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io; UKuG-Committee@groups.io

Due to the current situation I am unable to get to the bank to pay in cheques. So if you've sent me one recently, don't expect it to clear in the foreseeable future.

I will of course advise the membership secretary that the sub  has been paid if you do.

You could really help by not paying your £6 (!!) by cheque,  and using our Paypal facility  (ukug@...) or contact me off reflector for UKuG bank details and doing a direct transfer (UK members only)

On reflection I'm of the view it's time, in the 21st Century, to stop accepting cheque payments altogether.

I plan to raise this with the committee in due course.

This currently is only my personal view as treasurer as I have to get in to my car, drive 5 miles in to Cambridge, park up, and walk for 20 minutes (from the only remaining free parking close to Cambridge Centre) to take them to the bank.

I'd appreciate member's feedback on this proposal

73

John G4BAO

UKuG Treasurer

For more info visit www.bullguard.com