Re: I want to document some RF techniques, help please

alwyn.seeds1

Dear All,

I’d be a little cautious about that filter chapter- diagram shows the E Field in a transmission line cavity to be parallel with the conductors!

Yes, you can capacitively load a 75 MHz transmission line cavity down to 50 MHz, but you will make a serious sacrifice in Q and achieving correct coupling will require a major re-design.

For 50 MHz, big helical resonators would be my choice.

Regards,

Alwyn G8DOH

Alwyn Seeds, Director
SynOptika Ltd.,