Re: Contest rules

Stephen Hayman <stephen_hayman@...>

Also to add a portable station should be able to operate from his own home location.

Portable implies that you are traveling somewhere which is not neccesarily the case.

Often with multiplier points for /P operation an operator will set in his or her back yard and operate independently of power and any fixed antenna installation.

On 04 June 2020 at 10:47 "John Quarmby via groups.io" <g3xdy@...> wrote:

No /P at present. A certificate is only awarded if there are valid entrants, any /P entry would be classified as a checklog. I was just clarifying the specific rules quoted - it doesn't take away the fact that /P can't enter the contests at present.

73

John G3XDY
On 03/06/2020 18:29, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG wrote:
I think, if I read XDY's email correctly ... there is a /P section and I was wrong in my thinking there was not.  Maybe it is only the RSGB contests that are no /P ...

On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 at 18:45, militaryoperator via groups.io <Military1944= aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Contest rules

There is at this point, no portable operation if you wish to submit a contest entry.

In one respect though, no portable means that G9XYZ has indeed worked all those people but G9XYZ/P, well, in reality, anyone who then sat on whatever hill he did would work the same.

So /P ops really isn't a true situation and maybe anyone 'winning' a contest by sitting on the highest hill is, well, fudging the spirit of a comp?

Maybe there should be a  /P section and a non /P section? or is there? not sure.

He who sits on the biggest hill is the winner, and he who has the biggest dish on his home qth mast is also a winner.

Great fun.

Ben

--
Best regards,

Robin Szemeti

Redpoint Consulting Limited

E: robin@...
T: +44 (0) 1299 405028
M: +44 (0) 7971 883371

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
confidential use of the above named recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient or person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you have received this communication in error
and must not distribute or copy it.
Please accept the sender's apologies, notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail and delete this communication.

Thank you.