Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2020 8:49 PM
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Contest rules

Hi Ben
To get any real height in Lincolnshire means travelling over to 03 square which I have done in the past, but due to health I have to make do with 20 minutes away . To set 3 bands up on SHF is around 1 hour 45 minutes and around an hour take down, plus the loading and unloading of the car, it’s a lot of work, it’s a pain in the wind and in the winter cold and dark, but I enjoy it and met some good people on the bands. But I would certainly not be happy if portable ops was put in a group of there own.
Steve
G1ppa

On 3 Jun 2020, at 19:52, militaryoperator via groups.io <Military1944@...> wrote:

Iam sorry Ben I totally disagree with the thought of putting portable stations in a different section, my home qth is 8ft ASL, and in a bowl , I’ve invested a lot of time and money in equipment to go portable, I won’t win anything but it gives me an opportunity to work a reasonable number of stations, and a reasonable score, my portable spot is 65mtre ASL, I could not compete against the other portable stations, so probably wouldn’t bother many fixed stations look for portable stations for squares, be interesting on others veiws
Steve
G1ppa

I guess you could choose a higher portable location Steve? after all, its 'portable'!

Ben