Re: Activity List for the UK Microwave Group 5.7/10GHz Contests - 31 May

Ed G3VPF

Andy

As someone who lives in the area afflicted by the 'out of area terrorist' at the weekend I can say they were the main reason I did not participate in the contest last Sunday. I went out /p on a previous contest and received a number of adverse verbal comments. I had planned to go out on 5.7GHz but after the craziness on Saturday I dropped that idea.

If accents are anything to go by the majority of the influx were from London and the Midlands rather than Poole/Bournemouth. People seemed to lose all control with normal decency and respect for authority totally abandoned. They certainly terrorised the local population so in that respect the use of the word 'terrorist' is justified.

Unless there is a marked improvement in the situation here in Dorset I will not be out /P for the coming contest. I can do without the hassle that the county is currently suffering.

Ed G3VPF

G3VPF IO80RQ

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> on behalf of Andy G4JNT <andy.g4jnt@...>
Sent: 02 June 2020 20:46
To: UK Microwaves groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Activity List for the UK Microwave Group 5.7/10GHz Contests - 31 May

I wonder what the residents of Swanage and Wareham think about all these out-of-area terrorists from the Bournemouth and Poole area.
:-) :-)  :-) :-)  :-) :-)  :-) :-)  :-) :-)  :-) :-)  :-) :-)  :-) :-)  :-) :-)  :-) :-)  :-) :-)  :-) :-)  :-) :-)  :-) :-)  :-) :-)  :-) :-)  :-) :-)  :-) :-)  :-) :-) 

Andy

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 at 21:13, Paul M0EYT <pjm@...> wrote:

Bigger problems were the invasion of out-of-area terrorists completely swamping the car park and local roads, I think we counted 70 to 75 empty cars there...

Join UKMicrowaves@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.