Re: wtKST KST2me dropout

Phil Guttridge G3TCU

I was running KST2me at home last night and that disconnected me at one point, that's extremely unusual. It wouldn't reconnect immediately ('socket error' or something) but did connect a few minutes later so I'm pretty sure there was a network or server problem.

73, Phil G3TCU

On 27/05/2020 09:29, Robin Szemeti - G1YFG via groups.io wrote:
Last night was my first attempt to use KST in a contest and I failed to get any sense out of it. ... on the web interface, I still haven't figured out how to send a message to an individual. Clicking on their name does nothing  ... it just looks like a mess.  I would have thought that on a tool designed specifically for amateurs arranging contacts there would be some way to see only those stations calling "CQ" .. and some way of filtering by band or even location .. but apparently not.

I tried KSt2me .. with a key,  and that worked OK, at least you can click on a user to send a message ... I monitored the uWave chat for a while, and the moment I tried to send a message, it kicked me out, and said I needed a key again .. sigh.

Nothing was lost though, as the 13cm transverter appears to be useless ;)

On Wed, 27 May 2020 at 09:08, Bob_G1ZJP <R_Offer@...> wrote:

John

Firstly thanks for your patience last night and our retry, heavens know what conditions were like!  Even GB3LES hadn’t returned to it’s usual strength with me by the end of the contest!

Re wtKST – I run both KST2ME and wtKST [2 different machines – I noted that at one point in the contest, KST2ME said at the top bar – Disconnected but the drop down said Connected – I simply disconnected and then re connected ~ all was OK after that however I noted that several others also relogged in at the same time, so maybe a server issue.  I would expect this to affect wtKST too.  Although I run wtKST  my “pea-shooter” station on 13cms is most unlikely, at this time, to make use of AS.  I did note that when I woke the computer from screen saver that wtKST went rather crazy with the main panel blinking and running through many messages before stabilising ~ I then shut it all down.

Thanks again for the QSO

73, stay safe

Bob