Re: Microwave Modules T432/144R transverter

Alan Beard

Our Mike G4KFK missed one very important Microwave Modules version:

Back in 1977 I had a Yaesu FT-620 6m transceiver, they covered 50 to 54 MHz.
And a Yaesu FT-221.

(Us "Z" call limited licencees had only 50 MHz and up.)

Well, ham satellites were going to use 432 and 435 MHz so I needed a transverter
system that would cover 432 to 436 MHz.

I wrote to Microwave Modules, they responded so I bought their 432 to 50MHz version.

An FT-620 is extremely easy to hookup to the MMT432-28 (now on 50MHz). In the 620 there's a short
coax from the exciter to the RF PA, route that to a socket on the rear of the radio to feed
the Tx signal to the MMT432. I still have the combo today and it still works.

Thanks MMT.

Alan VK2ZIW

On Fri, 22 May 2020 22:08:11 +0100, chris ruddy via groups.io wrote
> Hopefully this will help you.... http://www.g4kfk.co.uk/html/microwave_modules.html
>

> Chris MM0KOS
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Alan Beard