Re: What Moon/Sun tracking software is being used.

Alan Beard

Hi guys,

I'd ask of the software: What accuracy does it support?

23cm, 5m dish, required pointing accuracy: 0.5 deg.

The John Drew VK5DJ controller  as designed for VK3UM, as I recall,
does 0.01 deg. in his software.

One's biggest problem is the position accuracy in the rotator.
My KR-400 could be up to 20 deg. out. Readily available absolute shaft encodes
do 1024 steps per rotation. 1024 / 360 => 0.3 deg. resolution.

BTW: I've asked the "hamlib" developers to consider this and they have improved
the available accuracy in the "hamlib" library.

80                    (A problem solver, have AC, need DC)

Alan VK2ZIW

On Wed, 13 May 2020 12:25:03 -0700, Nick Gregory G0HIK via groups.io wrote
> Thanks guys,
>
> I'll look at both of those and MoonSked and will report back how I get on, pretty sure I tried WXTrack in the past at some time.
>
> Nick G0HIK

Alan Beard

OpenWebMail 2.53