Re: Water cooling question

Raymond Brooks

I would also look at a car oil cooler, there smaller and can be picked up cheep second hand.

On 13 May 2020 10:14 am, "John E. Beech" <john@...> wrote:

I would say that a forced air car heater would dissipate at least a kilowatt. But that is when the water temperature is at nearly 100 C. You would need to de-rate for lower temperature. (Look up Newton's Law of cooling.Basically the hotter the water the faster the radiator will lose heat.) What's the o/p power of amp & efficiency? Or total DC input a full power would be a better guide.
What is the max. temp you can run the amp at?

de John G8SEQ

--
Raymond G8KPS